Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Working and Waiting

The past week has been pretty benign.  I spent the weekend working on my peer review for some classmates' presentation and writing my NAFTA essay, which I am about half way done with as of right now.  On Sunday I went for a swim with some friends at a nearby beach, which was really nice.  I took some photos of the beach and I promise I will get around to posting them soon!  I realize it's been a while since I've posted any pictures - I must be boring you all to death with my constant barrage of text!

Tomorrow I am going to hand in my Globalization & Global Governance essays, so I need to double-check them for errors tonight.  Even though I finished these essays weeks ago it will be nice to officially be done with them.  Since I finished them there has been this nagging voice in the back of my head telling me I could always rework them to be better.  This gets quite annoying after a while!

The other thing dominating my week is the fact that Nora is coming to visit on Sunday.  I'm excited she is flying down but before she can get here I have to do all sorts of shopping/cleaning/activity planning.  I suppose this is a good thing since it forces me to give the apartment a thorough scrubbing and stock up on all sorts of items I'd forgotten about.  Also, I am looking forward to getting to do some of the things I've had on my hit list since I got down here.  Once place I know we are going to visit is St. Nicholas Abbey, which produces the best rum I have ever tasted.  I also would like to take a catamaran trip around the island since I hear those are fun and a good deal ($80 U.S. for 5 hours of sailing, snorkeling, food, and all you can drink alcohol).  Luckily, I had some good news terms of fitting all these activities into my schedule: my classes on Tuesday and Wednesday are canceled.  Yes, this means that starting tomorrow night I have a 6 day weekend.  Feel free to hate me.  I know I would if I were working for a living and some punk studying in a Caribbean island told me he had a 6 day weekend coming up.

Thats pretty much it for now.  Stay tuned for those photos!  I swear they're coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment