Thursday, January 27, 2011

No Trip to Bermuda

Today I had my first Sustainable Tourism Development class and it was fantastic.  The professor was organized, articulate, and professional, and the subject material seems truly interesting.  There are so many ways tourism overlaps with regional integration and, more broadly, international relations.  I think this class will broaden my perspective on the development challenges facing many countries in the Global South.  It should be very interesting.

That said, one thing I am upset about is that I won't be able to go on the class trip to Bermuda.  Every year there is a sustainable tourism conference held somewhere in the Caribbean region in the springtime.  This year the conference is in Bermuda, a place I am very interested in going to since it is the oldest British colony in the world and is in quite a unique geographic position (right off the coast of the Carolinas).  The trip is during the first full week of April, which unfortunately is the same time I have my two week intensive class in the International Trade Policy program.  I guess I will have to go to Bermuda some other time...

Other news: tomorrow they are fogging my neighborhood for mosquitoes from 4-7pm, so I hope the air seals on my windows are nice and tight.  That stuff really stinks.  I am in the process of trying to find people to go out with so that I don't have to be home at that time.

Hope you all have an enjoyable weekend!  Savor the snow, because before long it will be summer and the heat will be on!

No comments:

Post a Comment