Thursday, May 19, 2011

All Quiet in Barbados

Things have been quite since I took my exam a week ago.  Almost all my friends have either gone home or are on a trip to Geneva for their trade policy program.  So I'm pretty much alone.  To fill the time I've been working on my final paper for the semester (which is due June 3rd) and catching up on some missed movies.  Yesterday I watched the King's Speech and was blown away.  Spectacular acting and a great story, I can see why it won so many academy awards.  Next up: Patton.

In other news, I've secured an internship.  Starting sometime in July I will be working at the Regional Security System, which is the principal security organization for the states of the eastern Caribbean.  It is based in Barbados and responds to crises in its member states when requested.  In essence, it acts as a shared military capability for its 7 member states.  It is also one of the primary institutions the United States works with to combat drug trafficking and promote citizen security in the region.  You can learn more about the RSS here and Washington's security programs for the Caribbean here and here.  Overall I am very excited about this opportunity.  It was the internship I wanted.

That's pretty much all that's going on.  I'm trying to find a time to go home for a visit, but nothing can be done till I find out when I start my internship.

Hope you all are enjoying spring back home.  It's getting VERY hot and humid here.  As always, stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment